Department: Beauty | Elizabeth Arden | Ceramide | Day Cream - Serum - Makeup

March 24, 2014

I had written previously about my visit to a Bon Ton store at the mall in search of a Clinique foundation product that had full coverage.... that I had found online.  I made mention that while that product was no longer available at store level, the Sales Clerk for the Elizabeth Arden counter tried her best to find me a suitable product to meet my needs. 

As it turned out, it was also Free Gift time as well as a Goodwill Sale time so I was going to receive a zippered cosmetic bag with products in it as well as money off any purchases I made. Cosmetics are never discounted usually so it was the perfect time if I wanted to do it.

I did purchase the Flawless Finish Sponge on Cream makeup to try in the color of Vanilla Shell  $36.50 and I was given the cosmetic bag and a few samples of moisturizer creams and other cream foundations.  I highly recommend this Cream Makeup not only for its coverage with using very little, but it looks so natural on and feels so lightweight, I forget that I am wearing makeup. And look at that beautiful case!!!  What woman wouldn't want to take that out of her purse.

And yes, I am like everyone else who grew up using basic department store makeup....because we young women thought  that the fancy cosmetic counter was full of very expensive products that only "older" women shopped at. 

Flash forward all those years and now I....have become that "older" woman looking to take better care of my skin.

After watching QVC and all of their beauty gurus come and go and seeing what "good" makeup costs I wasn't too surprised at the almost $40.00 price tag for the foundation.  But if you feel you need something, you will sacrifice some other luxury to get it.

When I got home I looked into the bag of free goodies and all were full sized samples to try.  The first thing I went for was, of course, the lipstick and gloss products. Fantastic.  Truly. I cannot tell you how many times I pulled the lipstick out to do touch up only to find...I didn't need to.

And I tried the eight hour cream skin protectant and while it smells odd....it really works.  My cuticles take a beating and this cream makes them feel incredible.

I looked at this little pocket filled with these gold colored "serum" capsules and I remembered Tina my sales woman said she was going to give me that Ceramide product bag to try....because of what I was telling her about my skin. Ceramide Capsules Daily Youth Restoring Serum.

Hmm.  There is that magic word again.  Serum.  Time in a bottle perhaps.

So the next day I did my makeup using the new foundation....and loved it. Took off my makeup at the end of the day and wondered what those little serum things could do.

The next morning, I decided I was going to find out. So I twisted the top like Tina had shown me and rubbed it on my face, neck and decolletage, then rubbed the remaining on my hands.  I could not believe how much product was in that tiny little capsule.

I let it soak in...which was fast and applied my makeup.

Forget pore reducers and primers....this serum made my simple makeup look great.  And when your husband tells you, you look so pretty today...it's not an insult....

Hmm.  Interesting.

So I used it again, and added in a dab of the day cream afterwards.

This day cream is: Ceramide Lift and Firm Day cream Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF30

I don't know about lifting and firming....what I do know is how my face feels when it is on...and when I remove it. And it hasn't felt this great in a long time. My skin is soft afterwards.

So I am loving using these products...but again, expensive products. 

While shopping at the mall I stopped in to see Tina again and told her I was loving the Ceramide Capsules and decided while the sale was still on, and she still had a few free bags left, I bought the 90 capsule count vial. ($1.00 per capsule).

 Hubby stood next to me as she explained all of the properties of the product and he was the one suggesting the larger tube because it was the most cost effective way to get the product.  And this time, my free gift contained another product....Prevage which also has anti-aging properties. I will try that sample later.

And let me say this...I am not looking for anti-aging...I think wrinkles are fine and all a part of growing older.  What I want is hydrated skin.

On Friday, I went to the mall and again, stopped to see Tina to talk about the Day Cream Sample and to find out which one it was and of course...the price.  The same item online was old stock she said,  that was returned from the stores when the new bottle design came and while it was priced at $54.00, and the new one $70 something, she wasn't sure how old any of that was.  I had intended on getting it now anyway before the sale ended but its too bad the price increased so much.  But the good thing about this product is it's so concentrated, I am still using my little sample container she gave me.  She said a jar usually lasts women 9 months.

I am smiling looking at these little gold colored boxes that sit before me.  Products I never thought I would be using, let alone loving because I am actually seeing results over the past few weeks.  And along side of them more little white sample tubs of eye serums and night creams.  *giggles

When I opened the capsule box.....this is the quote I found...

 
words to let you know you are about to become something special...
as I am an "Arden Girl" now.







Life's Links:
-------------------------------
❥Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/LifeinsidethePage

❥My Blog
http://lifeinsidethepage.com/

❥Twitter
https://twitter.com/snowymtgirl

❥Pinterest
http://www.pinterest.com/snowymtgirl/

❥Instagram:
https://instagram.com/lifeinsidethepage

❥Tumblr
http://tessie24.tumblr.com/

❥YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/user/LifeInsidethePage/videos

❥Email
lifeinsidethepage@gmail.com