Department: Beauty | L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Collection Privee | Lipsticks |

March 30, 2014


While out shopping this afternoon, I stopped in a CVS drugstore looking for anything new lipstick wise and came across a brand new display for L'Oreal called the Collection Privee.

Had I not been overloaded with two big shopping bags full of heavy items I would have snapped a picture of this beautiful little display (next time I will) but on it were nail polish, lipstick, eye shadows and blush and at first glance each had the names of famous people on them. 

This display was smaller in size and a few of the lipsticks were already gone as there was one for each shade.  I was curious about the matching polishes too but when the store became crowded at the registers where these were placed, I took one lipstick to the price checker to find out they were priced $10.50 each. 

I came back and checked out the few that remained for color appeal, chose two and hit the register.

I had a CVS coupon that let me get $3.00 off any $15.00 purchase which helped, and then because I purchased two L'Oreal products I received a $4.00 bonus bucks certificate to use on another purchase.

I grabbed the JLo #370 Nude color choice and the Frieda #350 Nude color choice. 

Upon researching these when I got home I found that L'Oreal did a line for their Color Riche Collection Privee using famous spokewomen and the premise was they wanted a nude line of products for different ethnicities using women of various skin tones that are not the nudes of yesterday. It was released last year for the Toronto Film Festival in Canada but I can't recall ever seeing these in my area.

What I may think is nude that works on my skin may not work well on someone else. So this is a great concept. And with new shades out for 2014 I am ready to go Nude ;)

Behind the Commerical

After watching the commercial for the lipstick and polish and the behind the commercial, I hope to find a few of the other limited edition lipsticks and polishes to add to my collection. 

Privee Nail Polish