Featured Post

Bath & Body Works Fall Heritage Rewards Member Appreciation Tote Bag Bundle?

I've been wondering when we will be seeing that Rewards Member Appreciation Tote for Fall.  We could see it out September 14th, as part ...

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Department: Beauty | L'Oreal | Colour Riche Extraordinary Lip Color | 601 Nude Ballet

January 7, 2014
I just received my Ulta Cosmetic order and I wanted to try this L'Oreal Product.  I love Lipstick and Lip Gloss and when I initially ordered this, I thought it was a lip STICK.  I, didn't read the product description.
 
The ultimate sophistication for the most perfect lips ever. Colour Riche Extraordinaire contains five precious micro-oils to create the perfect lip result in one luxuriously comfortable step: resurfaces and smooths lips like a balm, provides colour impact of a lipstick, and gives a varnished 3-d shine effect of a gloss. The unique applicator is soft to the touch and designed for the most precise application to the lips every time. The new vision of lipcolor.
 
So when it arrived I was pulling and pulling on the top to reveal a lipstick only to find I had to unscrew it and use a doe tip applicator.
 
First I must compliment the packaging.  I love the shiny gold tube.
 
This product has a slight scent to it when you open it, and not a bad one but I noticed it. You can taste it if you lick your lips.  It is rich and creamy but not opaque and with this smooth feel to it when applied I found myself rubbing my lips together after each application because it felt great on.  The color I picked is a perfect nude color, and it has a bit of shine to it.  Not greasy or sticky like some glosses in a tube, this one definitely is a few steps above those.  The only disappointment was I thought it was a lipstick because I didn't read the full description.  Ulta didn't offer a second photo to show that it was a gloss product.  I am glad I bought it and I will pick out a second color...something pink.  There are 16 shades to chose from, at a price of $9.99 each.